Terms And Conditions
- You are over the legal age of 18 year
- You are one of the registered owners of the property at the installation address and your name is on the title deed of the Installation Address
- You have never received or have never been approved for any rebate, financial assistance solar credit or small scale technology certificate (STCs) for small generation solar power system at the Installation Address.
Payment & STCs:
- SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD must have the final payment prior to OR on the day of the installation by Credit Card or Cheque. If you prefer Electronic Fund transfer (EFT), the transaction must be completed 48 Hours prior to installation and you must provide us with written proof of the transfer. The customer must provide Credit Card details/cheque/ EFT Receipt to Installer prior to the Installation. Installation will not be carried out unless payment has been received by us.
- You are agreeing to pay SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD the STCs as part payment for your system. The STCs will be paid directly to SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD or a SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD Agent. If the Office of Clean Energy Regulator (www.cleanenergyregulator.gov.au) determines you are not eligible to receive STCs, and therefore SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD is unable to receive the STCs as part payment, you will be liable to pay SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD the value of the STCs, as determined by market rates.
- If you are not eligible for STCs, or if you wish to claim the STCs incentive yourself, the complete payment (including trading costs of the STCs) of the system is due before installation.
- You acknowledge that if you breach any conditions of the STCs incentive regulations, you may be financially liable to the Office of Clean Energy Regulator. (www.cleanenergyregulator.gov.au). If you commit any breach of the Incentive Regulation, you acknowledge that SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD will not be liable to you.
- SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD or a SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD Agent will arrange for the complete documentation and processing of the sale of STCs. You acknowledge that the price of STCs is governed by market movements and the REC guidelines. If the market price falls below a certain price, SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD may decide to delay the installation until the price rises to a higher level. SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD may also refuse to carry out installation and refund your complete deposit. If the market price falls below the certain price, as determined by SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD at its absolute discretion.
- If you fail to pay any amount that is due and payable under this agreement, SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD will be entitled to charge interest on the unpaid amount at the current Reserve Bank target cash rate plus 2%. You will also have to pay SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD any costs associated with the recovery of such unpaid amounts.
- Title and ownership of the solar system will vest in you upon SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD receiving complete payment from you for the cost of the solar system.
- Failure to pay the complete amount may result in SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD taking legal action against you and it will void all warranties.
Authority of access to property
- You authorise SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD and its contractors, employees and installers. Full access to the property at all reasonable times to carry out all work associated with the installation of your solar system including site Inspections, the signing of required paperwork, the delivery and installation of the PV Solar system, and connection to the grid.
- Your co-operation is required to enable site inspections/installation to occur at the earliest possible time which is convenient to SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD.
Liabilities and Risk
- The ownership and insurance risk of the PV solar system passes to you upon installation and SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD receiving full payment for the solar system. It is your responsibility to ensure that your property Insurance adequately covers the cost of your PV solar system.
- You acknowledge SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD accepts no liability or responsibility for your STCs incentive as administered by the Office of Clean Energy Regulator (ret.cleanenergyregulator.gov.au).
- You acknowledge SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD accepts no liability or responsibility for your “feed in tariff incentive” as administered by the relevant State or Territory government.
- SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD accepts no responsibility for any damage or loss caused to your property by the installer which has not been caused by the installer’s negligence. All SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD installers are subcontractors who are required by SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD to have appropriate third party damage insurance, under relevant state and territory laws. SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD will work with you and the installer to rectify any damage caused to your property by the installer’s negligence. However, you are also responsible to make sure prior to the installation that your property is adequately insured against these kind of damages or losses.
- You acknowledge that SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD will not be responsible for any damage caused to old and brittle roofing tiles that may be cracked or damaged during installation.
- You acknowledge that SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD will not be responsible to carry installation in case of damaged or old roof where roof is not strong enough to carry the load of panels and the installer is of the opinion not to install the system. In such cases, you will be refunded the deposit amount after deduction of the installer visit charges.
- SMART HOUSE SOLARPTY LTD will not be liable for any unexpected costs which may arise in relation to the removal and handling of asbestos at your property in relation to the installation of the solar system.
- If customer is connected with any Electric Hot water/Slab Heating/Climate Saver/Off Peak Meter then customers need to arrange wiring work at their own cost, including installation of timer/contactors/any amps switches to control the system. SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD is not responsible to any costing for that and any delay comes during your grid connection process.
Meter, Meterbox & Switchboard Upgrade:
- Meter upgrade: As part of recent government regulations, every home that gets a new Solar PV System installed needs a new digital meter to be installed in their meter box. Customers will be charged for meter upgrade on their electricity bill.
- Meterbox & Switchboard upgrade: Old switchboards can be a fire risk and a shock hazard. SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD quote does not include the cost of meterbox & switchboard upgrade. SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD can facilitate an upgrade by CEC accredited electrician at an extra cost. An estimate will be provided on you request beforehand once you provide the required photographs of the meterbox & switchboard / sub-board. However, actual cost of switchboard upgrade may vary and has to be paid by you on the day of the installation in addition to the contracted solar system price.
- SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD quote does not include the costs of any wiring or any associated work required to connect your inverter to a meter box which is remotely located from the inverter. (i.e. where the meter box is not attached to the same structure as the inverter such as the house or the garage.) In the event that the meterbox is located remotely from the inverter location and such costs are not provided for in the relevant SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD quote, you will be required to arrange and pay for the performance of this electrical work separately from the installation of the solar system.
- It is not compulsory to get the meterbox or switchboard upgrade done by SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD. You can arrange for the meterbox & switchboard upgrade on your own and make it solar compatible.
- Additional minimum charges may be applicable such as $200 to split the system in more than one row, $400 for horizontally fixing array, and extra charges for meter box upgrade, if applicable.
Delivery and Installation
- SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD will make every reasonable effort to install your system in a timely manner. However, we will not be bound to meeting estimated or proposed delivery, installation or system completion dates as we have no control over for example, worldwide materials availability, peaks in demand created by changes in government legislation, inclement weather and/or other forms of force majeure. Delayed installation or grid connection is not a valid reason for claiming a refund or compensation from SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD. Please note that no responsibility for the delay in installation is acceptable if customer details (including installation site) are incorrect.
- Delays in installation are not grounds for cancellation and SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD is not liable to you for any perceived loss as a result of these delays.
- If difficulties with site access are encountered that were not notified to SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD at the time of quote and/or offered by SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD to the Customer, additional costs incurred in ensuring the safety of our installers may be payable by the Customer.
- Before the installation can commence, and modifications to your roof take place, you are required to arrange payment with the scheduling department for the balance payment of the system and that the goods remain the property of SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD until your payment or finance payment, if applicable, is received.
- A Home owner must be present during installation to sign the mandatory declaration assigning the STCs to SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD, as per the renewable Energy Act (2000). Should the installer arrive on the agreed date and the home owner is not present, a rescheduling fee of $200.00 will apply and the installation will be delayed.
- If you have any preference regarding panel/Inverter placement, you are required to inform the installer when they arrive on property.
- If you are not present at the property during the time of installation, you are required to authorise an adult to be present at the property to sign all document and assume complete responsibility.
- Upon signing the agreement, any requests for modifications to the material/equipment will incur an admin charge of $200. A new quote will be generated for any changes required.
- You are required to communicate to us in writing in case you switch your electricity retailer. Failure to provide this information may result in delay in grid connection and SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD will not be liable for any compensation as a result of this delay.
- You agree to provide SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD with whatever personal information is required for the efficient functioning of SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD on your behalf, in particular for the accurate completion of the paperwork for the STCs incentive (selling the STCs) and network connection to the grid.
- SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD will provide your information to its contractors, employees and installers only as required to effectively perform their duties.
- SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD will provide your information, on your behalf to the relevant bodies for the processing the STCs incentive (selling the STCs), to the electricity distributor for connecting your PV Solar system to the grid and if required to your electricity retailer.
- Unless otherwise agreed with you, SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD will not provide your personal information to any third parties other than those mentioned above.
Cooling off Period
0% Interest* Payment Plan:
- You do not abide by the terms and conditions.
- There are delays in the SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD process causing supplier prices to increase; in which case full deposit will be refunded.
- SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD has full authority to cancel the installation if installation can’t be possible. Customer will receive full refund of any deposit by cheque or other method.
- You may terminate this agreement or contract within the first 10 days of quote date. You may be eligible to get a refund of deposit after deducting administration charges. We normally procure the material or equipment required within two weeks of receiving the signed copy of the contract. Customers would have to pay material cost if the job is cancelled after two weeks of receiving the signed copy of contract.