1. Customer Declarations:
You declare that
- 1.1 You are over the legal age of 18 years
- 1.2 You are one of the registered owners of the property at the
- installation address and your name is on the title deed of the Installation Address
- 1.3 You have never received or have never been approved for any rebate,
- ﬁnancial assistance solar credit or small scale technology certiﬁcate (STCs) for small generation solar power system at the Installation Address.
2. Payment & STC’s:
- 2.1. SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD must have the ﬁnal payment prior to OR on the day of the installation by Credit Card or Cheque. If you prefer Electronic Fund transfer (EFT), the transaction must be completed 48 Hours prior to installation and you must provide us with written proof of the transfer. The customer must provide Credit Card details/cheque/ EFT Receipt to Installer prior to the Installation. Installation will not be carried out unless payment has been received by us.
- 2.2 You are agreeing to pay SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD the STC’s as part payment for your system. The STC’s will be paid directly to SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD or a SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD Agent. If the Oﬃce of Clean Energy Regulator (http://ret.cleanenergyregulator. gov.au/) determines you are not eligible to receive STC’s, and therefore SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD is unable to receive the STC’s as part payment, you will be liable to pay SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD the value of the STC’s, as determined by market rates.
- 2.3 If you are not eligible for STC’s, or if you wish to claim the STC’s incentive yourself, the complete payment (including trading costs of the STC’s) of the system is due before installation.
- 2.4 You acknowledge that if you breach any conditions of the STC’s incentive regulations, you may be ﬁnancially liable to the Oﬃce of Clean Energy Regulator. (http://ret.cleanenergyregulator.gov.au/). If you commit any breach of the Incentive Regulation, you acknowledge that SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD will not be liable to you.
- 2.5 SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD or a SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD Agent will arrange for the complete documentation and processing of the sale of STC’s. You acknowledge that the price of STCs is governed by market movements and the REC guidelines. If the market price falls below a certain price, SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD may decide to delay the installation until the price rises to a higher level. SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD may also refuse to carry out installation and refund your complete deposit. If the market price follow below the certain price, as determined by SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD at its absolute discretion.
- 2.6 If you fail to pay any amount that is due and payable under this agreement, SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD will be entitled to charge interest on the unpaid amount at the current Reserve Bank target cash rate plus 2%. You will also have to pay SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD any costs associated with the recovery of such unpaid amounts.
- 2.7 Title and ownership of the solar system will vets in you upon SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD receiving complete payment from you for the cost of the solar system.
- 2.8 Failure to pay the complete amount may result in SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD taking legal action against you and it will void all warranties.
3. Authority of access to property
- 3.1. You authorise SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD and its contractors, employees and installers. Full access to the property at all reasonable times to carry out all work associated with the installation of your solar system including site Inspections, the signing of required paperwork, the delivery and installation of the PV Solar system, and connection to the grid.
- 3.2 Your co-operation is required to enable site inspections/installation to occur at the earliest possible time which is convenient to SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD.
4. Liabilities and Risk
- 4.1 The ownership and insurance risk of the PV solar system passes to you upon installation and SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD receiving full payment for the solar system. It is your responsibility to ensure that your property insurance adequately covers the cost of your PV solar system.
- 4.2 You acknowledge SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD accepts no liability or responsibility for your STC’s incentive as administered by the Oﬃce of Clean Energy Regulator (http://ret.cleanenergyregulator.gov.au/).
- 4.3 You acknowledge SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD accepts no liability or responsibility for your STC’s Bonus, also known as the “feed in tariﬀ incentive” as administered by the relevant State or Territory government.
- 4.4 SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD accepts no responsibility for any damage or loss caused to your property by the installer which has not been caused by the installer’s negligence. All SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD installers are subcontractors who are required by SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD to have appropriate third party damage insurance, under relevant state and territory laws. SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD will work with you and the installer to rectify any damage caused to your property by the installer’s negligence.
- 4.5 You acknowledge that SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD will not be responsible for any damage caused to old and brittle rooﬁng tiles that may be cracked or damaged during installation.
- 4.6 SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD accepts no responsibility for any additional costs associated you’re your need to obtain an upgrade of your existing meter box upgrade or the installation of a new gross/net. SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD will not be liable for any unexpected costs which may arise in relation to the removal and handling of asbestos at your property in relation to the installation of the solar system.
- 4.7 If customer is connected with any Electric Hot water/Slab Heating/Climate Saver/Oﬀ Peak Meter then customers need to arrange wiring work at their own cost, including installation of timer/contactors/any amps switches to control the system. SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD is not responsible to any costing for that and any delay comes during your grid connection process.
- 5.1 SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD quote does not include the costs of any wiring or any associated work required to connect your inverter to a meter box which is remotely located from the inverter. (i.e. where the meter box is not attached to the same structure as the inverter such as the house or the garage.) In the event that the meter box is located remotely from the inverter
location and such costs are not provided for in the relevant SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD quote, you will be required to arrange and pay for the performance of this electrical work separately from the installation of the solar system.
- 5.2 Addition minimum charges may be applicable such as $ 200 to split the system in more than one row, $400 for horizontally ﬁxing array, and extra charges for meter box upgrade, if applicable.
6. Delivery and Installation
- 6.1 SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD will make every reasonable eﬀort to install your system in a timely manner. However, we will not be bound to meeting estimated or proposed delivery, installation or system completion dates as we have no control over for example, worldwide materials availability, peaks in demand created by changes in government legislation, inclement weather and/or other forms of force majeure. Delayed installation or grid connection is not a valid reason for claiming a refund or compensation from SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD. Please note that no responsibility for the delay in installation is acceptable if customer details (including installation site) are incorrect.
- 6.2 Delays in installation are not grounds for cancellation and SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD is not liable to you for any perceived loss as a result of these delays.
- 6.3 If diﬃculties with site access are encountered that were not notiﬁed to SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD at the time of quote and/or oﬀered by SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD to the Customer, additional costs incurred in ensuring the safety of our installers may be payable by the Customer.
- 6.4 Before the installation can commence, and modiﬁcations to your roof take place, you are required to arrange payment with the scheduling department for the balance payment of the system and that the goods remain the property of SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD until your payment or ﬁnance payment, if applicable, is received.
- 6.5 A Home owner must be present during installation to sign the mandatory declaration assigning the STCs to SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD, as per the renewable Energy Act (2000). Should the installer arrive on the agreed date and the home owner is not present, a rescheduling fee of $200.00 will apply and the installation will be delayed.
- 6.6 If you have any preference regarding panel/Inverter placement, you are required to inform the installer when they arrive on property.
- 6.7 If you are not present at the property during the time of installation, you are required to authorise an adult to be present at the property to sign all document and assume complete responsibility.
- 6.8 Upon signing the agreement, any requests for modiﬁcations to the material/equipment will incur an admin charge of $200. A new quote will be generated for any changes required.
7. Product Warranties
The system comes with up to 10 year’s installation warranty from SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD in conjunction with the manufacturer’s warranty. Solar system requires servicing every two years by a licenced solar installer. SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD does not provide any kind of warranties on the Monitoring system which comes free with the inverter
8. Cooling of Period
You understand that under Australian Consumer Law and relevant State Building Acts you are entitled to a cooling-of period of ten (10) working days – where required. All notiﬁcations must be received by SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD in writing via email, fax or post.
9. 0% Interest* Payment Plan:
Fees and lending criteria apply for 0% interest* payment plan options with Brighte. Approved applicants only, the total amount repayable includes the $1.00 Weekly Account Keeping fee. Minimum finance amount $1000. Late payment fee of $4.99 may be charged by Brighte if you miss a repayment. Credit provided by Brighte Capital Pty Limited ABN 74 609 165 906.
- 10.1 SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD may terminate this contract with you if either of the following occurs:
- 10.1.1 You do not abide by the terms and conditions.
- 10.1.2 There are delays in the SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD process causing supplier prices to increase; in which case full deposit will be refunded.
- 10.1.3 SMART HOUSE SOLAR PTY LTD has full authority to cancel the installation if installation can’t be possible. Customer will receive full refund of any deposit by cheque or other method.
- 10.1.4 You may terminate this agreement or contract within the ﬁrst 10 days of quote date. You may be eligible to get a refund of deposit after deducting administration charges. We normally procure the material or equipment required within two weeks of receiving the signed copy of the contract. Customers would have to pay material cost if the job is cancelled after two week of receiving the signed copy of contract.