Solar Panels Cairns: Best Solar System Prices, ROI and Output
* Cairns installations in kW – Source www.cleanenergyregulator.gov.auCairns, being a vital city has technological advantage of latest solar panels and inverters being available at a competitive cost. Polycrystalline panels majorly serve the purpose due to adequate sunshine. If budget is not a constraint, you can go for monocrystalline solar panels. However, currently polycrystalline solar panels are mostly withdrawn from the market and have been replaced by monocrystalline panels due to various technological advantages associated with them. In case of shading issue around the property, you can ask for Half-cell technology solar panels system in Cairns as per your budget. There are lot of inverters with latest technology are available to choose from. You can decide the best solar panel system in Cairns in consultation with our solar experts suitable to meet your requirements and fits in your budget. To go solar, the most important reason from an individual point of view is to reduce the cost of ever-rising electricity bills. Solar panel system, being an easy and affordable option serves this purpose as the price of solar panel system in Cairns, rather Australia is subsidised with the Australian Federal Government solar incentive scheme which entitles you to claim rebate on purchase and installation of solar system. The rebate or subsidy referred to as STC (Small Scale Technology Certificate) allows a discount on the final price of the solar system that you actually have to pay out of your pocket. Feed in tariff (FIT) is an additional benefit you get from solar system. You can still get financial returns even if you are not able to consume the amount of solar energy generated by your system fully. You benefit from the minimum FIT rates regulated by the state government that varies from state to state. You have the power to negotiate with your retailer a FIT rate over and above the minimum rate announced by the government.
STCs on purchase of solar system for your home in Cairns
The amount of STCs depends on the place where you live and it phases out slowly every year. Currently, STC value ranges anywhere between $500-$600 per kilo-watt of solar system installed at your home in Cairns. Number of STCs on a 5kW solar system in Cairns in 2020 is 76. STC Price fluctuates anywhere between $34 to $40, hence assuming a price of $38 per STC, you get a total solar rebate of $2888 for a 5kW solar system installed at your home in Cairns in the year 2020.
Similarly, a 6.6kW solar system installed at your home in Cairns in the year 2020, can fetch you a total solar rebate of $3800 and a 10kW solar system installed at your home in Cairns allows you a solar rebate of $5776. This means your total out of pocket expense on purchase of solar system in Cairns is reduced to this extent. As the solar rebate fades out each year in a phased manner resulting in increase in the price of solar system, the best time to buy a solar system for your home in Cairns is now as it starts giving you benefit with an immediate effect. Call us on 1300 650 747 and talk to one of our solar experts to get more information and get the best solar system deals in Cairns.
Solar system Prices in Cairns
Solar system Output in Cairns
As solar system is considered as a long-term investment as the average life cycle of a solar power system is considered to be between 10-15 years, a common question asked is about output from a solar system. Before we jump into output from a specific size of solar system, we will first learn what are the factors that affect output or productivity of a solar system which are listed below:
- Geographical location
- Direction and orientation of the panels
- Shadow from surrounding trees or buildings
- Season and the intensity of sunlight
- Cloud cover or smog
- Dust and dirt
- Bird droppings
- Quality of the equipment used
- Quality of the installation
Having considered all the above options, output from solar system in Cairns is dependent on an average sunlight of 4-5 hours per day. A 5kW solar system in Cairns is expected to provide an output of 22kW – 24kW per day. Similarly, A 6.6kW solar system in Cairns is expected to provide an output of 26kW – 28kW per day and A 10kW solar system in Cairns is expected to provide an output of 44kW – 48kW per day.