Government Rebate for Solar Panels in Victoria | Smart House Solar
Solar Panels Victoria - As we all know, as per the federal solar incentive scheme, eligible homeowners in Australia are entitled to solar rebates on the purchase and installation of solar PV systems for their homes in Australia. The out-of-pocket price for solar PV systems is reduced to the extent of the solar rebate offered by the federal government and the customers have to pay the reduced amount. Solar Panels Victoria This has resulted in a saving of around 30% on their solar cost plus the long-term benefit of the solar PV system on their electricity costs.
Solar Panels Victoria - The state government of Victoria announced Victorian Government’s Solar Rebate in the year 2019. This was in addition to the federal government solar incentive scheme which has resulted in further reduction of solar out-of-pocket expenses for Victorian customers, thereby making solar PV systems cheaper and affordable in Victoria.
The eligibility criteria to avail Victorian government rebate is as below:
- They must be the home owner-occupier of the property
- Their combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per year (based on an Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment from the last two years. Where there is more one applicant, both documents must be from the same financial year.)
- Property valuation should be under $3 million
- The property does not have an existing solar PV system
Solar Panels Victoria - Until, June 30, 2023, the homeowners are eligible for a maximum upfront rebate of $1400. This means that after the federal rebate, the cost of the solar PV system is further reduced by $1400. In addition to this, the homeowners also get the advantage of an interest-free loan of $1400 on the remaining balance which can be paid off in 12 months. This helps to reduce the burden of lump-sum payments on the purchase and installation of solar PV systems in Victoria.
How to claim Victoria Solar Rebate:
- Choose a solar provider for the quote.
- The solar provider will upload your quote to the Solar Panels Victoria Portal to start the online process for your eligibility assessment.
- Upload proof of income and council rates notice to confirm your details after uploading the quote.
- You will receive an eligibility number and a QR code, once your eligibility is confirmed.
- Provide the eligibility number and QR code to your solar provider so that they will be able to proceed with the installation.
- The solar provider will claim the subsidy on your behalf and reduce the total price of the system with the amount of subsidy you are eligible for.
- Once the solar PV system is installed, you make payment for the outstanding balance directly to your solar provider.
Remember, you are eligible for the Victorian rebate only if you do not have an existing solar PV system on the same property. However, you can claim for federal rebate in all scenarios if you meet the eligibility criteria.
Currently, until June 30, 2023, eligible Victorian customers also get a maximum benefit of $2950 on the purchase and installation of solar batteries from an authorized solar retailer. The last date to submit this application is June 30, 2023, and the battery installation must be completed within 120 days from the date the rebate is approved by the Victorian government.
Currently, interest-free loans are not available under the solar battery rebate.
Applicants can arrange to have their Solar PV system and battery installed at the same time. However, battery rebate applicants can only receive one Solar Victoria rebate. Either they can choose to get a rebate on the solar PV system or they can choose to get a rebate on the solar battery. They do not have the option to claim rebate on both.
From July 1, 2023, interest-free loans on the purchase and installation of solar batteries will be available to the eligible Victorian customers