5kW Solar System
The Most Sold 5kW Solar Power System Package for Queensland Households
Salient Features of 5kW Solar Power System
- Powerful solar panels & Inverter approved by CEC
- Expert solar panel installation and maintenance support by CEC-certified technicians
- First-grade monocrystalline solar panels, high-quality Wi-Fi enabled inverter, and components for best performance
- Harsh weather-enduring system with excellent performance warranty
- System configured by best 5kW solar power system installation and maintenance team in Queensland
Technical Specifications for 5kW Solar Power System
- Solar Panels: 15×330 Watt High-quality Solar Panels (Tier-I)
- Inverter: 5kW inverter by manufactured by reputed companies & recommended by CEC-accredited technicians
- Mounting & Electrical Kits: Mounting & Electrical kits as per Australian Standards
- How many panels 5kW Solar Power System will have?
A 5kW Solar Power System comprises of 17 X 300w solar panels or 15 X 330w solar panels. Higher the capacity of panels, lesser the number of panels in a 5kW Solar Power System. A 5kW Solar Power System usually comes with a 5kW inverter.
- How much do 5kW Solar Power Systems cost?
A typical 5kW Solar Power System price will range anywhere between $3000 – $4500 for a standard metropolitan installation. Standard metro installation comprises of installation done in a metro area on a single storey house with a tin roof. Price of a 5kW Solar Power System will vary for regional installations and also for installations on a double or multi-storey house or on a house with a tile, decramastic roof.
A typical 5kW Solar Power System price will also vary depending on the brand of panels or inverter.
- How much roof space required for a 5kW Solar Power System?
Dimension of a 330w solar panel is 1.675m X 1m, therefore it will occupy around 1.675 sqm of space. 15 such panels will occupy a total space of approximately 25 sqm. Depending on roof type, roof dimension and capacity of panels, it is always advisable to calculate an extra bit of space. Hence, around 30 sqm of space will be required to install a 5kW Solar Power System.
- How much power will a 5kW Solar Power System generate?
There are various factors that affects the output of a solar power system, viz location of the property, shadow from the trees and buildings around the property, climatic condition, weather condition, orientation of the panels, wear and tear etc. Considering a yearly average, a typical 5kW Solar Power System is expected to generate around 20kW – 22kW per day.
- What’s the average payback period of 5kW Solar Power System?
Average payback period from a 5kW Solar Power System can range anywhere between 2.5 to 4 years. There are few factors that decides the payback period like usage during sunshine hours, type of electrical equipment used in the house, number of members in the house etc. A simple rule to minimise your payback period is to maximise the use of solar power as compared to the power from the electricity grid.
- How much savings can I expect from 5kW Solar Power System?
Owning a solar power system at home is an advantage as it reduces your electricity bills to a considerable extent and also reduces your dependency on the power supply from the grid. It is also considered as a long-term investment as the average life cycle of a solar power system is considered to be between 10-15 years.
Considering an average daily power generation of 20kW in a day and assuming that you pay 25c tariff to your electricity company, a 5kW Solar Power System can help you to save $5 per day if you consume the entire power generated by the solar system. In this case, your yearly saving will be around $1825. However, in practical scenario the entire power generated by the solar system is not consumed and transferred back to the grid, for which you are entitled to get the benefit of feed in tariff at a rate of around 10c. In such cases, your yearly saving will reduce to the extent the power is not consumed by you and sent back to the electricity grid. In short, if you consume solar power, you save 25c (rate at which you are billed) and if you are not able to consume solar power, you save 10c (feed in tariff rate).